Thursday 28 October 2010

A Day In Manchester

Here's a few photos of some bits and pieces in Manchester.

Piccadilly Gardens features some interesting statues, including one of the Duke of Wellington.




...and one of Queen Victoria.



Two pigeons used the Queen's statue to shelter from the rain.


Sir Robert Peel. This statue was the first ever outdoor statue to be raised in Manchester by public subscription.

The outdoor market held many wonders.




Manchester Arndale currently hosts the 15 foot Giant Freddie.

Some big shops and a towering cinema.

The Manchester Wheel became the third such structure I've been on inside a year (see here for earlier turns: http://marshtowers.blogspot.com/2009/12/middlesbrough-wheel.html).


Some views of Manchester from above.




But wait! I haven't yet told you why I was in Manchester. Follow this sign and I'll tell you all about it in the next post...

Hmm...but which one of these fine places was my destination...?

No comments: